lunes, 7 de mayo de 2012

ONLINE REVIEW U6, 7- SPOTLIGHT 4

REVISION UNITS 6, 7 - SPOTLIGHT 4

  • ADJECTIVES ENDING IN -Y or -FUL: Complete the sentences below with an appropriate adjective from the words given:
              pain         stick            scare           noise       colour       health       wonder      luck

  1. There were some _____________ students and we couldn't hear the film very well.
  2. Don't touch that table. It's a bit ___________________. Try to wipe it out first.
  3. You are very _______________. I'm sure you won't have to present your project in class.
  4. The film we watched last weekend was ____________. I couldn't keep my eyes open for long.
  5. Smoking is not ____________ at all. So, please don't do it.
  6. Oh, that's __________________. You got a 10 in your test!
  7. I like that nice hat you're wearing. It's really _______________. I like those yellows and greens.
  8. I had such a terribly ____________ headache last night that I couldn't fall asleep until 3 am.

TRANSLATE THESE EXPRESSIONS INTO YOUR LANGUAGE:
  1. I don't like being a gooseberry = .........................................................................
  2. I signed the petition last night = ........................................................................
  3. Calm down! = ...................................................................................
  4. Things are about to get worse = .......................................................................
  5. I'm going to give out leaflets for the protest = ..................................................................
  6. No way! = ..................................................................................
  7. I don't like being a gooseberry = .................................................................
  8. He's the boy of my dreams = ...................................................
  9. I didn't get a reply from the teacher straight away. = .................................................
  10. What should I do? = ...................................................................................................

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario